Flowers are a great way to add color and life to any garden, but choosing the right flowers for summer can be difficult. In this article, we’ve collected a list of 10 flowers that are sure to brighten up your summer garden!
1. Zinnia – Zinnias are one of the most popular flowers for summer gardens because they come in a variety of colors, including red, orange, yellow and white. They grow quickly and bloom from late spring until early fall.
2. Primrose – Primrose is a flower that is perfect for summer. It has a light and delicate fragrance and the blooms are pink in color.
3. Red Geranium – These flowers are quite easy to care for and they bloom in a range of colors. They grow quickly and produce bright flowers through the summer months in many shapes and sizes, including heart-shaped leaves with crisscrossing veins.
4. Alyssum – Alyssum has small white or pink flowers that repeat all summer long. They are a hardy flower, thriving in full sun or partial shade and grow best in sandy soil.
5. White Gardenia – This flower has a sweet fragrance that will make your yard smell amazing. It will also attract butterflies and hummingbirds, so it’s perfect if you want a more natural looking garden.
6. Orange Lilies – These flowers look great when they grow in clumps or rows, which is perfect for those who don’t have a lot of extra space.
7. Purple Iris – This flower is perfect for the more formal gardens, as it adds elegance and class to any design. They also work well with other color-shifting flowers to create a more interesting color palette.
8. Yellow Sunflowers – These flowers have fun, bright yellow flowers that will make your garden look great against the green of your grass and plants.
9. Daisy – Daisy is a flower that is perfect for summer. It has a sweet and delicate fragrance. The flowers are white, yellow or pink in color. They can be grown in the garden or in pots.
10. Coreopsis – Coreopsis is a flowering plant that can be seen in gardens in the summer. It has yellow flowers and it is a perennial. The flowers are known for attracting butterflies.
How to Care For Your Garden During a Hot & Humid Summer Season?
There are a few things that you need to do in order to take care of your garden during the hot and humid summer season. It is important to remember that your plant needs a lot more water than usual because the ground is not able to retain as much water as it usually does.
Here are some tips for how you can care for your garden this summer:
– Make sure that you give your plants at least one gallon of water every day, preferably in the morning or evening hours when the sun is not too high
– Mulch your plants with a layer of compost or shredded leaves, this will help keep them moist and cool in the summer